What is the 2022 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?
Are you interested in finding an SUV that offers efficient capabilities, head-turning good looks, and plenty of power to boot? Then the new Ford Edge deserves top ranking on your wishlist. This stunning model is built to help you tackle the Keizer streets with ease.
If you have tough tasks to handle, you might wonder, “What is the 2022 Ford Edge towing capacity?” The Ford Edge offers a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. Read on below to get the inside scoop on the Ford Edge engine, towing features, and more!
Ford Edge Towing Features
While the Ford Edge engine certainly offers the raw power needed to help you haul your gear through Dallas, the supportive towing features make trailering safe and convenient. 2022 Ford Edge towing features include:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package is needed if you’re hoping to haul 3,500 pounds (when equipped with all-wheel drive).
- Hill Start Assist holds the brake on your behalf as you switch your foot from the brake to the gas pedal. When on a hill, this feature prevents backrolling.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive reacts to road conditions to balance torque between the front and rear wheels for maximized traction and improved handling.
- Traction Control reduces wheelspin by limiting throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control enables you to tow with confidence, as this system reduces torque and applies the brakes when needed.
2022 Ford Edge Engine Options
With the 2022 Edge, Ford enables you to select an engine that suits your sensibilities. Select the output you need by reviewing the Ford Edge Engine options here:
- Twin-scroll 2.0L EcoBoost I-4, Turbocharged, Direct-injection engine delivers 245 hp, 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine can tow up to 1,500 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6, Twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine offers 335 hp, 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine reaches the maximum Ford Edge towing capacity of 3,500-pounds.
If you’re really looking to set the Corvallis streets ablaze, consider the Ford Edge ST. This sporty rendition is equipped with cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and more!
Ford Edge Towing Package
If you want to make the most of the towing capabilities offered by the 2022 Ford Edge, opt for the Class II Trailer Tow Package. This package is a standard addition on the ST trim and can be added on the SEL and Titanium AWD models. Along with boosting your towing power, this system increases safety by offering trailer sway control! You’ll have peace of mind when hauling, thanks to this performance suite.
Explore the Ford Edge Towing Capacity in Salem!
Now that you’ve studied the Ford Edge towing capacity and features online, the time’s right to see what this SUV can do at Skyline Ford. You can trade your current ride for a superior driving experience when you shop with our team. If you’d like to learn more about our inventory or the services we offer, contact us at your convenience.
More from Skyline Ford
The 2022 Ford Escape is an impressive SUV in every sense. Offering leading specs, stunning good looks, and a range of cutting-edge amenities, every commute from Keizer to Dallas feels like a dream ride in the new Ford Escape. Once you take the wheel, you’ll note that the Ford Escape interior offers an ergonomic…
A mighty pickup truck can make all the difference to your Keizer commute, and that’s why you’ll find the right match among any of the new 2022 Ford F-150 trim levels. No matter if you’re new or familiar with this popular lineup, there’s an accessible Ford F-150 trim that is sure to meet your daily…
Are you interested in finding an SUV that offers efficient capabilities, head-turning good looks, and plenty of power to boot? Then the new Ford Edge deserves top ranking on your wishlist. This stunning model is built to help you tackle the Keizer streets with ease. If you have tough tasks to handle, you might wonder,…