A Service Advisor works as the liaison between the customer and service technicians working in the shop. They work with customers to determine problems with a vehicle and provide technicians with accurate repair descriptions. Additionally, service advisors are responsible for greeting customers, listening to requests, scheduling appointments, estimating costs, verifying insurance coverage, conducting inspections, and test driving vehicles.
As with all positions within the dealership, service advisors are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Principle duties include:
• Greets all customers promptly, provides timely professional service.
• Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
• Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
• Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
• Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
• Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
• Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Departs from traditional ways of doing things to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Coordinates activities to ensure repair work is fixed right the first time and completed on time.
• Obtains the customer's written approval on all repair orders at the time of the write-up or when closing additional add-on sales.
• Inspects every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility.
• Meets or exceeds goals for add-on sales.
• Identifies repeat customers and treats them accordingly.
• Contacts customers to remind them of service appointments and/or when scheduled maintenance is due.
• Answers incoming telephone calls promptly, courteously, and make every effort to satisfy the caller's inquiry.
Ideal candidate will have:
• Professional appearance and work ethic
• Great attitude with a high-energy personality
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple people
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high stress environment
• Ability to drive all types of vehicles, including standard shift vehicles
• Valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
Service advisors are paid on a commission basis with a monthly guarantee and have a very high income potential for the right person. Full details on our competitive commission plan will be given during the interview process.